National Furniture Removals in South Africa – Tips and Info
Image Credit [Thinking by Federico Coppola]
It’s not an easy decision to make when you plan to move your furniture to a new house, flat, townhouse or another location. This is why you have to be careful when choosing a national furniture removals company in South Africa.
People need to trust whoever is moving their valuables. Because there as so many moving companies these days and each and every one promises you the best service, prices and quality assurance, one cannot help but start to wonder whom to trust.
Questions to Ask About the Moving Company You Plan To Employ
There are a few questions you need to consider asking yourself before planning a move. Let us have a look at some of the most important ones:
• How long has the company been in existence?
• Do they have any form of guarantee and insurance for my furniture, belongings and other items part of the move?
• Is their prices competitive and in line with the norm when it comes to moving company prices in the same area?
• Has anyone given a recommendation that you can contact directly?
• Are there any negative comments or complaints against the moving company on HelloPeter.com or the internet?
• Are there any added benefits or services they offer to help make your move trouble-free?
• Are there any hidden fees?
If you ask the questions above, you are sure to get the best possible moving company and service satisfaction when moving from Gigi’s Furniture Removals. In South Africa furniture removals is something that does not have to give you a headache.
What Can You Do to Make the Move More Pleasurable
It is not just the responsibility of the furniture removal companies to ensure a move runs smoothly, you also have things to get in order. Being involved also safeguards you know what is going on.
Here is a list of ideas that can help you have a successful move:
• Is there any furniture you’re not using anymore? If you have furniture taking up storage space that you’re not planning to use in the near future, rather just sell it – not only will it save you money, but you can actually make a Rand or two.
• If you have antique furniture that is worth a lot of money, for example a piano, do not get involved with the moving of these items, but rather leave it to the professional movers as this will guarantee insurance paid out in case something goes wrong.
• Do not act like a muscle factory and try lifting heavy items as this can lead to physical injuries to your back and have long-term negative effects.
• At least be present and oversee the move, even if the furniture removal company is doing all the packing.
When Boxing Items Yourself to Save On Moving Costs
Many people tend to pack the smaller items into boxes themselves to save on costs related to moving their furniture and other belongings. This is not a bad route to go if you want to save some money.
Here are tips and ideas to help when boxing items yourself:
• Prep boxes by taping the bottom side and placing one inside the other.
• Prepare labels and print them out. Use labels according per room and group items in that room. Add this to a list as it will help you when it is time to unpack.
• When labelling valuable items do not be too descriptive, as this will give away the location of valuable items to the movers.
• Take old newspaper and roll it up into little bundles, then fill the bottom of the boxes with the newspaper bundles.
Boxing smaller items yourself does not only save on costs, but assure that these items are packed with the greatest of care.
Tips When Renting a Furniture Removal Truck
If you have a license to drive a rental truck to move your furniture and belongings, keep the following 10 tips in mind:
1. Do not speed when driving the truck as this will result in more fuel consumption, where you can save between 10 – 40%.
2. Get rid of any excess items, and then get the smallest capacity truck that is just big enough for the items you plan on moving.
3. Most moving trucks can sustain an average speed of 70 – 80 km/h without wind resistance shaking up the truck or making it uncontrollable whilst driving.
4. If driving a distance of 1000 km or more, it is best not to drive longer than 7 hours per day. This will give you enough rest as well as better fuel consumption with less strain on the engine.
5. Always go for a diesel truck, it will yield more kilometres than petrol trucks.
6. Always rent from a moving company that has newer truck models. Upgraded trucks give better performance and less fuel consumption.
7. Plan your overnight stay in such a way that there will be no more than ¼ tank of fuel, as fuel thieves can easily target moving trucks.
8. If you are moving with more than one vehicle, for example a smaller passenger vehicle, then it is better to store your frequent items in the smaller vehicle and your overnight clothes and luggage in the truck.
9. Always check your tire pressure every morning as the weather can also play a role in the pressure of your tires, especially when travelling long distances.
10. It is always better to have a partner in order to keep you awake and even have a turn in driving.
If hiring a moving truck the tips above will help your experience, be more productive and stress-free. This is another way of saving on moving costs.
So if you’re looking to do some of the moving responsibilities yourself, or employing a company to do everything from A to Z, then GIGI’s Furniture Removals is the national furniture removal company in South Africa you have been looking for. Contact now for the best prices around.
Tel. 1: 012 332 5985
Tel. 2: 012 332 5026
012 333 7672
Fax: 086 672 7529 (Sales)
Fax: 086 684 0285 (Tania)
iLead Furniture is a trusted and experienced authority when it comes to listing valuable services and various businesses in a straightforward to use business directory. We make it simple for you to find all the related information in one easy accessible place.